This birthing & cria kit has been created by Claire Whitehead with the aim of helping you to have everything you need to hand in the event of a difficult birthing or to deal with a sick neonatal cria in the days after the birth. The kit is included in a lightweight bag allowing you to carry it easily over your shoulder on the way out to an alpaca in difficulty and potentially carry the cria back with you. Just add a clean bucket of warm water and you’re good to go! This kit price offers savings of over £20 versus buying all items separately.
Birthing & Cria Kit includes:
Good quality hard-bottomed kit bag. (Upgraded quality bag – NEW FOR 2022!)
For the Birthing:
- Tail bandage (x5)
- Cotton wool
- Fairy Liquid
- Non-sterile gloves (x20)
- Sterile gloves (5 pairs Medium, 5 pairs Large)
- 5x Sterile sleeves
- 5x 82g tube of sterile lubricant
HANDY LAMINATED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED WITHIN!
For Neonatal Care:
- Weigh sling and digital scale (digital scale is a better one than that shown in the photo)
- Super 7 Navel Spray
- Artery forceps (to clamp the umbilicus in case of bleeding)
- 2x umbilical clamps (back-up, in case of umbilical bleeding)
- Digital thermometer
- Feeding tubes (x2) and 60ml syringe
- Feeding bottle with teat
- 2x Replacement teats
- Red rubber catheter – for enema administration or checking for choanal atresia
- 60ml catheter-tipped syringe – for enemas (only use 20ml though!)
Any items can also be re-ordered individually.