This course is aimed at owners of alpacas and llamas. The aim of this course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to perform transabdominal ultrasound of camelids for pregnancy diagnosis, safely and effectively.
The course will cover:
- Key anatomical features of the Camelid abdomen – what you could potentially see by ultrasound!
- Key facts about ultrasonography and how it works.
- Physiology of pregnancy, normal foetal development.
- Approach to pregnancy diagnosis: what you need, potential risks, what you as an owner can do by yourself, limitations and when to call the vet.
- Learn the practical skill to be able to perform your own pregnancy ultrasounds safely and confidently!